“Be compassionate with people you know and those you don’t. We are all sacred. We are all achingly beautiful. Intuition allows us to recognize one another’s light. Let’s take our cue from poet Mary Oliver when she writes about “seeing through the heavenly visibles to the heavenly invisibles.” Compassion grants us the sightedness to behold both the surface of things and their deeper emotional dimensions. It enables us to be more giving, thereby consecrating our relationships. It lets us make the earth a better place than when we came.”
~ Judith Orloff, Emotional Freedom: Liberate yourself from negative emotions and transform your life
- Can you express your hearts pains and joys?
- Create sacred space tune into your healthy emotional well-being.
- Learn how to feel, honor and creatively express your authentic feelings by eliminate toxic stress, fear and depression.
HOW TO CHOOSE THOUGHTS THAT ALLOW US TO EXPERIENCE
AWE INSPIRING MOMENTS OF OUR HIGHEST FUTURE POTENTIALS
THOUGHTS...are floating energy that exists in our mental universe.
When we ATTACH, AGREE, or CHOOSE a thought, it then moves from our mental universe into our body (our subconscious universe).
This creates ENERGY IN MOTION, we refer to as an emotion or our emotional state of being.
When we are FEELING OUR EMOTIONS...we can become engaged in positive ways or we can become triggered into negative memories which induces negative mental and emotional patterns and conditions that cause us to act inauthentically, unintentionally and out of character.
Once we are triggered it can cause us to REACT or AVOID to the arising circumstances in ways we disapprove of and can cause inner turmoil. If unaddressed will lead to the creation of negative future outcomes.
We are responsible for the outcomes of our choices in life. We make nearly 30,000 decisions a day. The sooner we accept how we react the way we do and seek to understand why, we are able to accept ourselves with self compassion, love and awareness. With acceptance brings insight, wisdom and clarity.
We don't always respond in ways we'd like to be able to in the moment when we are triggered, so it's essential we make time for contemplation, acceptance and integration, as we practice self compassion for parts of our broken-ness being exposed unintentionally.
Although we may react to a circumstance first, from a triggered - fighter or flight state of being - we always have a choice to RESPOND to our reactions in ways that bring light and higher perspectives to the circumstance. This brings peace to our perceived mistakes as well.
When we are in a peaceful state of being we create POSITIVE FUTURE OUTCOMES
These outcomes become results of you TUNING INTO YOUR MAGIC, to create EPIC, mindful spaces in your inner world!
WE MUST FEEL - TO HEAL - AND BE REAL
Life may look good on the outside...but how is it feeling on the inside?
How do you react when you don't get your way in life?
When fear is triggered from within, do you respond or react?
WHAT IS EMOTIONAL CLUTTER?
To better understand emotional clutter, let's first identify what an emotion is.
EMOTION IS AN ENERGY IN MOTION
- The latin root of of emotion is "move" "out". (Dictionary.com)
- Emotion is an instinctive or intuitive feeling as distinguished from reasoning or knowledge. (Oxforddictionaries.com)
- A strong feeling deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others. (Oxforddictionaries.com)
- Emotions exist within our physical, emotional and subconscious dimensions.
EMOTIONAL CLUTTER REPRESENTS
THE BLOCKS IN OUR INNER LIFE
- The result of suppressed, blocked and unprocessed emotions.
- The behavior of avoiding painful emotions over a prolonged period of time.
- These emotions if not given the freedom to move and flow will then they will remain in the body on cellular levels.
- Prolonged emotional clutter then results in dis-ease, disease.
WHO EXPERIENCES EMOTIONAL CLUTTER?
- Adults who never learned, were modeled or given permission to feel and express their emotions, especially "negatively perceived" emotions such as: shame, grief, devastation, isolation, fear, anxiety, anger and rage.
- People who are driven dominantly by their masculine, ego energy.
- Highly intelligent individuals who are right brain imbalanced and disconnected from their hearts.
- People who keep secret shames and limited beliefs, held deep within themselves.
HOW DOES EMOTIONAL CLUTTER MANIFEST
- It creates broken relationships, miscommunication and misunderstandings with yourself, and with others.
- It ingrains a deep longing for connection which leads to strong internal pains.
- It can lead to spiritual and life crisis, lostness of the soul. Being stuck in negative emotions or holding onto suppressed emotions can cause us to erupt internally and externally.
- It disempowers us from seeking and speaking our truth with disillusionment.
- It keeps us stuck in the insanity of the circumstances that are contributing to a feeling lower frequency emotions, such as depression, despair, disconnection, isolation and rage.
- It results in physical clutter, which represents the negative emotions and sufferings of one's soul. The physical clutter most often is represented in sentimental keepsakes.
The Center for Disease Control & Prevention Healthcare states that
80% of our preventative medical expenditures are stress related.
It's essential we give ourselves the time and the permission to prioritize our emotional freedom needs.
Being able to process our emotions to eliminate stress and negative energies existing from within
is directly related to your health and well being.
WHAT IS EMOTIONAL FREEDOM?
Diving Into Our Emotional (Inner) Life.
- Are you able to allow yourself to feel your emotions fully without judging them?
- Are you able to express your emotions letting go of what others will think?
- When was the last time you experienced emotional intimacy?
On the other side of emotional clutter is emotional freedom and intimacy. This freedom allows you to feel seen, heard, and valued by yourself, and with others. This is a safe, compassionate, loving space to be with all that is arising. We can experience heightened emotional triggers when we engage in authentic relationships, so it is essential we are able to create epic, mindful spaces to support ourselves in honoring our emotional well being.
To keeps things simple so awareness can arise, it's essential to understand when you are in your 'triggered' emotional state and when you are in your natural 'loving' authentic state of well being.
When we are triggered into fear this is our internal response system trying to alert us of an important unmet need. The sooner we can identify the need, and work to get the need met, the quicker the fear evaporates.
Below is a contrast chart to help you identify when you are in a triggered emotional state of being.
"If fear is the great enemy of intimacy, love is its true friend."
~ Henri Nouwen
- Inner Strength
- Restrictive / Reactive
WHAT ARE OUR EMOTIONS TRYING TO TEACH US?
Our emotions align us with truth. When we are able to authentically share our 'real thoughts and emotions' with ourselves in a safe space, we are better able to open ourselves up to deeper, more meaningful connections with the people in our lives. When we authentically relate to someone it can be a raw and vulnerable experience but it creates connection.
"Vulnerability is the birthplace of connection and the path to the feeling of worthiness. If it doesn't feel vulnerable, the sharing is probably not constructive." ~ Brene Brown
“This is the beautiful and terrifying thing about vulnerability. We must be willing to completely reveal layers of ourselves in order to reach an authentic, tangible connection with another soul. Vulnerability is in actuality connection in its invisible form.” (Huffington Post)
“Vulnerability takes courage. A courage that is often muddled with uncertain and often subconscious feelings of doubt. Courage to give, to receive and to take action when there are no guarantees. Courage to be brave when we may feel weak. Courage to follow our hearts when the safer route is just yards away, taunting us with it’s easiness.” (Huffington Post)
“Wrestling through her introspection has coloured her views of life, people and relationships. And working it out, with all the excitement, pain and fear that went with it, has given her a strong sense of herself. She knows who she is because of it." (Sarah Rayner, One Moment, One Morning)
“Dissociation gets you through a brutal experience, letting your basic survival skills operate unimpeded…Your ability to survive is enhanced as the ability to feel is diminished…All feeling are blocked; you ‘go away.’ You are disconnected from the act, the perpetrator & yourself…Viewing the scene from up above or some other out-of-body perspective is common among sexual abuse survivors.”
(Renee Fredrickson, Repressed Memories: A Journey to Recovery from Sexual Abuse)
“I felt ancient and exhausted. I felt like a prisoner within myself and as if I was just watching a movie that was playing before my eyes. I just wanted all of it to end and disappear; I wanted to disappear.” (J.M. Northup)
“Living in sterile man-made environments that are disconnected from nature should be expected to lead to sickness.” (Steven Magee)
“I was feeling like a rock in a stream with the water passing by me, not fully engaging in life with this heavy burden hanging over me.”
(Lisa Bonavita, Secrets Exposed: When Remaining Silent is No Longer an Option)
TO KNOW YOUR PASSION IS TO KNOW YOUR PAIN
Most people don’t talk about this but the important aspect of connecting with your passion is to know your pain.
When we are able to be with our pain in our depths of darkness with the acceptance and accountability for what is arising in our life, the light of holiness begins to plant a seed in our hearts as an initiation to the path of healing and alchemizing the pain.
When you have healed your pain you are then gifted with the abilities to help teach others how to end their suffering from the pain you once knew.
This process is the driving force fire of conviction that compels us to take courageous action beyond our belief. Following what you love is only part of the equation when it comes to discovering your passion. You have to feel (pain) to heal and be real.
This is what leads to ultimate emotional freedom, intimacy, connection, meaningfulness, and joy within yourself, your life and your relationships.
HOW DO WE ELEVATE OUR MOODS WHEN WE ARE SPIRALING DOWNWARD?
“Energy doesn't lie. Keep sensing it, trusting it, letting it liberate you.”
~ Judith Orloff, Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life
You have the power at any given moment to shift your emotional state of being. As mentioned above, it is essential to create space to be with your emotion so you can process and allow the energy to flow through you. By allowing the energy to move through you, you are simultaneously releasing the negative energy (thoughts and emotions) and disillusionments your mind is formulating about the emotion to help make sense of a seemingly uncontrollable experience.
I spent the majority of my life living in an emotional state of depression with high levels of suppressed anger I was oblivious too. I first learned this technique from Teal Swan, internationally recognized spiritual catalyst and teacher and have been able to reverse my old downward emotional spirals to sustain higher frequency emotions for longer periods of time. Because of this ability, it's given me permission to feel my feelings instead of suppressing them.
Here are some simple steps to get started:
- Identify your current emotional state of being. Example: I am feeling angry right now when I think about this circumstance in my life.
- Identify the emotional frequency you strive to reach. Example: I need to feel at peace with optimism regarding this circumstance.
- From the current emotional state of being you are at, begin taking action or participate in doing an activity that would raise you 1 -3 emotional frequencies up the scale. Example: I am feeling angry so I'm going to allow myself to express blame, doubt and disappointment. As I give myself permission to express blame, doubt and disappointment I begin to feel pessimistic. One of the best emotional mood shifters for anger is pessimism. One of my go to activities when I'm in an angry mood is to find sarcastic humor I can relate too by watching a stand up comedian. It's an activity that gradually brings me spiraling up the emotional frequency scale again. ***When we allow ourselves to express and process our emotions we are able to move up the emotional frequency scale rather than spiral down.
HOW CAN YOU FEEL GOOD INSTANTLY IN ANY SPACE?
Creating space to heal emotional trauma and wounds.
I'm going to teach you how to create a Power ZEN Spot that you can create anytime, anywhere in any space, instantly. If you are feeling anxious, stressed, worried or fearful, this is a magic trick you can start using now! It's a simple visualization technique to shift the energetic frequency of your space.
1. Begin by closing your eyes and imagining how you need to feel right now? You can refer to the LOVE list above. Choose 1 word, this is the word you will use to set your power ZEN intention. Example: I need to feel peaceful with a calm mind when I go to sleep at night.
2. Now, imagine one color you associate or that comes to mind when you think of this intention. Example: I associate the color green with peace.
3. Next, imagine a circle on the ground (the size of a balloon). This circle is like a button you can turn on in your space to activate the energetic frequency of your intention. It's what we call your Power ZEN Spot.
4. Imagine yourself stepping onto this button and immersing your mind and body with the color you selected.
5. Take 3 - 5 conscious breaths inhaling your intention (think of the word in your mind as you are breathing) and noticing sensations in your body as the light color energy immerses itself throughout your inner being-ness.
Well done, you now have a magic trick for feeling good instantly, anywhere anytime in life. Practice stepping into your Power ZEN spot daily for the next 7 days.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE about How to amplify and attract what you need most in life using the art and psychology of color.
ULTIMATE EMOTIONAL FREEDOM BRINGS AUTHENTIC EMOTIONAL INTIMACY
Recently, I received two profound messages that have made me realize, even more so, how important it is to authentically express ourselves, and to release negative emotional energy from within. This inner purge process creates a sense of belonging and connection with the one's we love as we discover new ways to artistic express ourselves in life.
1. Do something with your pain: As many artists know, creative expression can be a positive path out of debilitating darkness. It's non-verbal language that allows us to identify, process and safely release shadow aspects of ourselves. Channel the energy derived from pain into creative artistic expression for yourself. Utilize music, art, dance, photography and inspiring activities that you like to artistically engage and express life with.
2. Beauty heals our souls: Nature is one of the best remedies for allowing our bodies to release toxins and rejuvenate ourselves with the mother nature's earth elements. Carve out time in your schedule to enjoy "feel good" moments in nature. Seek to create connection with what is arising in your life emotionally and be open to the wisdom of life.
One of my favorite books that has provided life changing tools for tapping into our inner artist is, "The Artist Way" by Julia Cameron. I highly recommend if you are feeling creatively blocked or unsure of tools or mediums you'd like to explore.
Commit to cultivating one of the most essential relationships you'll ever have in your entire life...the one with your artistic, soulful self.
I AM...two most powerful words, for what you put after them shapes your reality.
Feeling Stuck? Need Support?